In 1907 Ford introduced the Model ‘R’. This was a Model ‘N’ with a slightly larger body with full mudguards and it sold for $750. It proved very popular and demand exceeded supply so Ford introduced the Model ‘S’ to satisfy customers. With a cheaper body this was a compromise between the ‘N’ and the ‘R’ and sold for $700.

Ford at this time did not have manufacturing facilities to produce these cars so the engines, transmission and axles etc. were built by Dodge Bros. who at the time were shareholders in the Ford Motor Company. Assembly was carried out at the Ford Piquet Avenue Plant. Production of the ‘N’ and ‘R’ lasted until the model ‘T’ was introduced in late 1908.

PREVIOUS : 2 of 3 : NEXT